Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm a Planner



I am such a planner. I love to plan vacations. I am kind of a vacation junkie. We don't go on vacations much so it isn't an issue, but once a year on our anniversary we take an anniversary trip. I start planning for the anniversary trip almost immediately, but really, I do! We are about 4 months away from our 2 year anniversary and we are both ready to get away for some "us" time. A time to reconnect.

So, this year we decided to take a trip to Asheville from Thursday when he gets off until Monday! Yay! So, I haven't broken in to obsessive planning mode which is planning by the hour, but here are some of the things we are doing or thinking about doing, if anyone has any ideas, tips, or suggestions, please let me know. :-)



  • Biltmore House (neither one of us have ever been and I've always wanted to go). They have the huge house of course, gardens, shops, restaurants, outdoor activities like biking, segway rides, horseback riding, etc.

  • Chimney Rock and Lake Lure (Dirty Dancing was filmed there and I used to vacation there when I was a kid so it'll be good to go back)

  • Grandfather Mountain (neither one of us have ever been)

  • Great Smoky Mountain Railroad Tour and Tubing (this should be fun, I think, haha)

  • Dollywood is still up in the air, I'm going to leave this one up to Brandon. If he wants to go, we will and throw one of the others out. I've never been, but it seems more kid oriented and well, we don't have kids, but I could be wrong, it's hard to tell by a website, but they do have a waterpark attached to it too! We could do dollywood instead of the train because the train seems to have great things for kids too so we could do that at a later date. AHHH..decisions!

I haven't picked a hotel yet either, so there is still more planning which makes me happy and drives my sweet hubby a little nuts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment